national-liberation UKRAINIAN PEOPLE UPRISING 20-30's of the XVII century.
- national liberation uprising of the Ukrainian people 20-30's XVII. - Eve of the National Liberation War of the Ukrainian people against Polish rule in the middle of XVII century.
CHRONOLOGY OF EVENTS
Polish-Cossack armed conflict. Poles Kurukove agreement with the Cossacks.
Cossack rebellion led by F. T. (Tryasyla).
Board in the Commonwealth of King Wladyslaw IV.
Adoption of the Polish Sejm |
"Points to soothe the Ruthenian people." Recognition of the existence of law in the Commonwealth of the Orthodox Church. The election of Metropolitan of Kyiv Mohyla.
Smolenskaya (Moscow-Polish) war.
Polyanovskyy peace Muscovy and Poland.
Destruction fortress Kodak Cossacks led by Ivan Sulyma.
Cossack rebellion led by Mr. Pavlyuk Ostrainyn J., D. Huns.
Diet Rzeczpospolita "ordinance troops Zaporoshian Registered ..."
Marco Zhmaylom - Cossack hetman, Cossack leader during the Polish-Cossack armed conflict in 1625 deposed from Hetman moderate officers who, in the circumstances, had to join in negotiations with the Polish hetman S. Konetspolskym Kurukove and conclude an agreement.
Taras F. (Tryasylo) - Cossacks hetman unregistrated. Year 1629 led the Cossacks in the Crimea. In March 1630 headed the anti-Polish uprising. In the battle at Korsun and Pereyaslav his troops defeated the Polish army, forcing the Poles to sign the agreement in June.
Ivan Sulima - Hetman of Cossacks. Member campaigns against the Crimea, Turkey, for which received a gold medal of the Pope. Destroyed the newly constructed Polish fortress Kodak (1635). In November 1635 the case Sulima and his associates were considered at the extraordinary Diet. John Sula sentenced to death and chetvertuvaly.
Paul Pawluk (Gen) - insurrectionist I. Sulima, which took the fortress of Kodak (1635). Escaped death. Subsequently elected hetman. Year 1637 was headed by a new Cossack uprising. After an unsuccessful battle with the army under Crown Kumeykamy in December 1637 was taken prisoner, was executed soon in Warsaw.
Ostrainyn Jacob - Cossack hetman, lead the uprising in 1638 during Zhovnyne in June 1638, having lost hope of success, departed with a part of the Cossacks Sloboda Ukraine, where settled near Chugueva.
Dmitry Hun - insurrectionist Pavliuk. During Kumeykamy successful maneuver saved the Cossack detachment of defeat. In the summer of 1638 he was elected hetman. Reflecting the Poles, built at the confluence, the elder coy camp in Sulu, escaped from the Cossacks revolt complete defeat.
Vladislav and V (1595-1648) - King of the Commonwealth (1632-1648 biennium) . Supporter of strong central government, under pressure from the Diet agreed to bloody suppression of national liberation uprisings in Ukraine in 1635 and 1637-1638 he
Polish-Cossack MILITARY CONFLICT 1625
concerned about the massive Ukrainian Cossacks, who, introducing their own government, refused to obey authority, the Commonwealth has begun preparations for the next punitive raid against the Cossacks.
- In September 1625 a large crown hetman Stanislaw Konetspolskyy the 30-thousandth army went on the Dnipro region of Bara `i.
- Cossack troops, headed by Mark Zhmaylom , the Poles met near Cannes, successfully fought back.
- most tangible losses suffered by the Polish army Kurukove lake.
- This forced the Polish commanders to resort to peaceful negotiations that were completed the signing of a compromise agreement. From Cossacks Kurukove agreement signed Michael Doroshenko, Hetman elected instead Zhmaylom.
- Cossack register up to 6 thousand;
- Those not on the list, had to return to the estates of their owners;
- one thousand Cossacks had permanently at Zaporozhye to prevent the flight of peasants.
- obliged the Cossacks:
- not interfere in religious affairs;
- abandon sea journeys;
- not maintain relations with other countries.
- Kurukove agreement established a clear structure of the Registered Cossacks on a territorial basis.
- was created six regiments Registered: Belotserkovsky, Kanevsky, Korsunsky, Pereyaslavs'kyi, Cherkassky and Chigirinsky a thousand soldiers each. Each regiment consisted of ten hundred.
- military power belonged to the elder of the registered Cossacks (Hetman), which selected the Combined Board and approved the Polish government.
REBELLION 1630 Under the TARAS F. (Tryasyla)
- Kurukove agreement aggravated the contradictions between the Cossacks - those who got to the register and those who remained outside it. What was the most recent, the threat of new outbreaks of Cossacks discontent remained.
- Moreover, the situation in Ukraine is complicated by the introduction of new state tax. Did not abate conflicts on religious grounds.
- To sustain the population in subjection, the Polish government resorted to force: the Kyiv region sent much of the Crown forces. But these actions only further recklessly situation.
Living in towns and villages were taken to arms. Tens of thousands of fugitives gathered for Sich. It matured new rebellion.
- Nereyestrovtsi elected hetman T. F. , better known by the nickname Tryasylo.
- In March 1630 he went with his army to Cherkassy, and from there went to Korsun, after getting to the side which moved the majority of registered Fedorovich.
- Polish government to suppress the rebellion sent a punitive raid in Crown army.
- decisive battles between rebels and the Polish army occurred Pereyaslav. They lasted for three weeks. May 20, 1630 Cossacks staged punisher "Tarasov night".
Pereiaslavs'ka agreement in 1630
- successful insurgency;
- rumors Cossacks diplomatic contacts with Moscow, Crimea and Sweden;
- discontent Polish mercenaries who stayed paid.
- confirmed previous conditions - Kurukove.
- However, the Cossack register was increased to 8 thousand: the register fit Cossacks seized from him earlier this year.
- Cossacks themselves have the right to choose their hetman.
some easing of the Government of the Commonwealth in relation to the Cossacks, testified Pereiaslav agreement was associated with the approaching end of term Deulinskoho truce with Moscow, the resumption of hostilities and participation in the Cossack units.
REBELLION 1635 led by Ivan Sulima
- During 1632-1634 he was a thousand Cossacks took part in the Polish-Muscovite (Smolensk) war. When in 1634 between Moscow and Warsaw signed a peace treaty Polyanovskyy, the Polish government has once again resorted to trying to eliminate the Cossacks. This prompted the Poles constant complaints of Cossacks governments of Turkey and the Crimea. A Cossack raids relations between the Commonwealth and these countries are so strained that faced the threat of war. In February 1635 the Sejm of the Commonwealth approved a special resolution on the termination of the Cossack arbitrariness ", the territory Naddniprianshchyna troops entered the Crown forces.
- addition, to control the Cossacks expected to build in the lower Dnieper River, closer to the Zaporizhzhya Sich, a powerful fortress, which was always a Polish garrison. Garrison soldiers would prevent runaways, who were eager to get to the gutter and block the artery supply of provisions and ammunition Zaporozhye.
Kodatska Fortress Construction
- decided to build a fortress on the right riverbank next to the first threshold - Kodatska.
- Construction led the French military engineer, mercenary Polish king Levasser Guillaume de Boplan.
- Fortress Kodak built quickly: construction work lasted four months, and by mid-summer 1635 she was quite ready.
- fit Polish gentry garrison, commanded by a French officer Marion.
Getting Cossacks Kodak
- Kodak extremely outraged Cossacks. They elected hetman Sula , who developed the plan of destruction and Kodak sent proclamations calling for the fight. In early August 1635 the army issued a Cossack Sich.
- Ivan Sulima Crown army used the absence of the Registered and who then fought in the Baltic. Cossacks easily captured and partially destroyed Kodak fortress. Having completed the operation went on Zaporozhye Cossacks, where one of the islands built camp.
- late August launched a campaign against the Cossacks.
- situation was compounded by the rebels. Poholodnishalo, enough food and fuel. In the camp growing discontent. This advantage and traitors, they took Cossack leader and his closest aides and gave them the Poles.
national-liberation REBELLION 1637-1638 biennium Under the PAVLYUK PAUL, James Ostrainyn, Dmytro Guna
- Sulyma fierce reprisal over his devotees and of itself was not able to suppress the Cossack movement.
- , the Government decided to review the Commonwealth Register of Zaporizhia Army and remove all of it unreliable. Such actions of Polish policy makers were driven to a new uprising.
He led the colonel
- Registered Paul Pawluk (Booth).
- battle between the warring sides had December 6 1637 under Kumeykamy . The rebels were defeated.
"ordinance ..." 1638
March 1, 1638 in Warsaw, started diet, which adopted the resolution entitled ordinance troops Zaporizhzhya registry that serves the Commonwealth ".
- They spoke about the need to use military force against insurgents.
- "in perpetuity" Cossacks were deprived of the right to elect officers.
- also forbidden Cossack proceedings.
- army was limited to 6 thousand Cossacks.
- without permission of the government under threat of death, the Commissioner had no right to go to Zaporozhye.
- Cossacks were allowed to settle in cities, but the border - Cherkassy, Chyhyryn and Korsun.
- Two regiments of registered patroness of each other, were constantly on the stand Zaporozhye.
new stage of rebellion
- end of March 1638 several detachments of Cossacks led by James Ostrainyn, Dmitry Huneyu Carp and throw, came out of the Sich and moved to Kyiv and Poltava. Zaporozhian way to join the many armed groups of peasants and townspeople.
- The rebels decided to stop at town Govtva. May 1, 1638 there occurred a victorious battle with the Poles.
- So the power of the rebels appeared all Poltava. To finally break the enemy's army led by Ostrainyn Lubny but Lubny siege was unsuccessful. Having suffered numerous losses, the insurgents turned to Zhovnyne and there they encamped.
- During Zhovnyne (May 31 - June 10 1638) again battle occurred as a result of which the rebel forces were scattered. Carp's hard to throw wounded captured and was probably executed.
- Ostrainyn of Cossack cavalry was cut off from the camp, ruling that the battle is lost, part of Cossacks crossed the borderland of Muscovy future land Slobozhanshchina .
- rebels who remained in the camp (about 20 thousand), elected hetman Dmitry Hunyu and continued to fight. In the night of June 10 Hun organized retreat 10 thousand Cossacks. Above the old Dnieper rivers, in the tract elder, the insurgents have laid a new camp.
about two months (June-July) Cossacks stubbornly fought the enemy. However, the situation at the camp deteriorated. Not the best were the case and the Poles. Command of both parties decided to resort to negotiations. Soon, the Cossack officers accepted the conditions proposed by the Polish government. Their foundation was laid "ordinance Zaporizhia Army ...".
LOCATION Rise 20-30's XVII. IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF UKRAINIAN NATIONAL LIBERATION MOVEMENT
- Cossacks as a state of the Polish government has failed to eliminate, and therefore were futile hope that the Cossacks, having acquired huge military experience zazhyvshy European fame unsurpassed valor, armed zahartuvavshys in numerous competitions in her native land, to voluntarily renounce the desire to win freedom.
- Rise 30's, despite their spontaneity and incomplete, show that the Cossacks were a leading group of Ukrainian society, enjoyed the support of the entire population, and its actions in the fight for the rights of each year become more organized and focused.
- With this in mind, again especially given the rebellion 1637-1638 biennium Among others it differed and scope of military operations, and number of participants and duration.
- a Cossack had another outstanding performance characteristics: first its leaders appealed to Ukraine's total population to support the Cossacks. The Pact, letters and certificates clearly defined goal of struggle: to free Ukraine from the oppression of the Commonwealth, to get rid of the national-religious oppression and so on.
- uprising were defeated, because it raised the heads of the program has not become nationwide. Hence the spontaneity, lack of proper cohesion, rebel splinter forces and their fighting - those defects through which the Cossack peasant movements of 30's with no success. Ukrainian Union around the idea of the liberation struggle required time. So, a decade "golden peace" 1638-1648, the time for Ukraine was the accumulation of forces and cohesion before the new competition.